Glenlair Lodge

Renovation of the Lodge (formerly the Servants’ Quarters)

Glenlair House circa 1992

This old photograph was taken before the disastrous fire of 1929 that destroyed the greater part of the house in which Professor James Clerk Maxwell lived from about 1832 until his death in 1879. The Fergusons renovated the Servantsí Quarters, at the right hand end of the building in 1993. This article gives a small …

Continue reading »